Wednesday, July 14, 2010

El Oh Vee Ee

I wrote this... essay of sorts a few months ago but I never posted it. Amazingly, I still feel the same way as I did then.
__________________________________________

The other day my history professor expressed her detest for "love". She argued that it might as well be called lust, as it fades just as quickly. She said that after a year of marriage love just disappears. As much as it pains me to say it, I think my professor is simply bitter. She's definitely a cynic and that's not always a bad thing but it's statements like that that I feel are completely biased and out of touch.


I'm here to stand up for love. I know it's real. I've felt it and no one can tell me how AWFUL it is because it's not true. Finding and searching for love may be hurtful and difficult but real, true, unyielding love isn't anywhere near horrific.

I'm not ashamed to say that I'm in love. Yeah, sometimes it's difficult and sometimes my insecurities might get in the way but I know that I'm feeling love and I'm being loved. Real love doesn't fade. It just doesn't go away.


A long time ago I said that love didn't exist but I was lying, especially to myself. I wanted someone so badly but the Universe just fed me heartbreak, singledom and unrequited love. Finally, after all that suffering I was rewarded with the most perfect person for me.


Down with cynicism towards love. If anything, we should focus on finding the right person instead of saying "I love you" two weeks after we've met someone. Make love matter again.

~CM



No comments:

Post a Comment