Saturday, July 23, 2011

OBSESSED: Scooters

I've wanted a scooter for the longest. I can't really remember when I fell in love with them, but I soon had my eyes on a Vespa. The "original" so to speak. It's Italian, so of course it's THE scooter. But do you know how much a Vespa is? They START at $4,700. Which is cheap, for a vehicle but DAMN. I just don't have that money to blow... but now... since I have a job I do have some income and I'll looking into scooters again. :D

So, I've narrowed it down. I either want this Geniune Stella 4-stroke, 147 CC scooter (that'll go about 55-60 mph, if you're wondering)...
This color is called "Avocado Green"... Mmmm... 


OR!

A 2009 Yamaha Vino 125 (CCs), which isn't as retro looking but GEEZE LOUISE, look at that paint job!
It's the prettiest purple-y red I've ever seen. Now, the biggest difference between these two besides the CCs is the price. The Stella is only slightly cheaper than a Vespa at $3,600. The Yamaha Vino is easily the cheapest scooter I've been able to find from a reputable manufacture at $2,899. I've found a nearby dealer who'll sell one of the Vinos brand new at $2,400. I've also got to factor in costs for accessories, classes, license and insurance. BLUH. Honestly, I want the Stella more (it has a cute little hook for groceries or a purse!), but my pocketbook likes the Vino much better.

Thoughts?

~C.M. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment