Sunday, December 12, 2010

Take this pink ribbon off my eyes

This is something I wrote while I was recovering from heartbreak in the summer. Not sure where I was going with it. Suggestions, maybe?
________________________

The sky was a deep, far-away orange. The rain poured like never before. Relentless. Just yesterday it was sunny and hot. No wind disturbed the late-blooming June bugs. Tonight, however, we were warned by the weather girl to keep out mattresses on stand-by in case of a tornado. Texas weather is never very stable. Neither are the people.

I turned away from the kitchen window and contemplated a cup of coffee. I decided against it due to the wretched humidity. I half-hoped I wouldn't have any uninvited guests stopping by while at the same time realizing that I rarely got visitors any way. A wry smile crept along my face. I often though somber thoughts but never found them to be all that depressing. Though if I ever confessed half of the morbid things that crawl within my cerebral matter to a therapist I just might have to be committed. That's a joke, mostly.

~C.M. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment