Thursday, November 5, 2009

Remember, remember

Happy afternoon everyone. :) It's Guy Fawkes Day! How am I celebrating? Ideally, I'd watch V for Vendetta along with a bottle of Welch's sparkling grape juice (I party hardcore, you see) but I have neither and am broke and carless so I will most likely just bum around for the day.

In other news, I have a new pet! His name is Freddie (after Freddie Mercury, of course) and he's a chihuahua. :D Here he is:



Don't tell him but he has a cat's collar. Even that's too big for him! He also likes to wear things such as sweaters. How did I manage to get a a chihuahua? A friend of the family inherited him some how but they travel/aren't home enough and just couldn't take care of him. They were going to take him to the pound. :( Couldn't let that happen, so now he lives with us. :) He used to fancy me a bit more than my parents but seeing as how I'm on campus more than I'm at home he's cozied up to my dad a lot.

Remember I said I was making stencils? Well, I have a picture of one I made the other night.


It's Gloomy Bear!

It was relatively easy to make. I found a picture of Gloomy and opened it in a photo editor (I use Microsoft Digital Image), converted it to black & white, then set it to high contrast. I didn't want to fuss with having "loose" pieces like the inside of his ears or his "snout", so I placed some white rectangles to avoid it and this is how the stencil came out looking on the cardstock before I cut it out with my (new!) Exacto knife:




Feel free to save it and use it yourself. I might be making more of my own soon and I'll show you what I stencil up with Gloomy Bear. :)

Speaking of Gloomy Bear... guess what my boyfriend sent to my house as a Halloween present?




Two Gloomy Bears! I had sent him a link a few days before over IM about these Gloomys being on sale on the Gloomy Bear Store. It's one of the best gifts I've gotten in awhile. I really really love them. :)

In other news I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do as far as my education. Right now the plan is to take MWF classes next semester and commute from home, but after talking with my parents I might end up renting a home or apartment near by, but we will see how things turn out.

Anyway, have a happy rest of your Thursday and Guy Fawkes day, cupcakes!

-melonXXXcupcake

2 comments: