Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My undeclaration

Hello all! I hope you all had a FANtabulous Halloween and had a bunch of candy. My Halloween was rather uneventful but still rather pleasant. :) I had a chance to go to my local The Cupcakery, so expect a review soon.

Well, aside from eating cupcakes and attending a play on Halloween I finally got a chance to meet an adviser from a culinary school which shall remain unnamed for now. I haven't had the chance to blog about this just yet BUT after thinking long and hard, I came up with my plan. My current plan is to go to culinary school and still work towards a BA in English through an online degree. The best of both worlds in my opinion. Anyway, I met with an adviser and I will let you know that he doesn't know jack shit about cooking. The admissions team is made up of people with management and communications degrees. Their job is to sell the school. So, we run into the director of admissions while on the tour. He asks what I'm currently doing. I tell him which school I go to and that I'm undeclared. His eyebrows raised. He then continued to almost scold me, saying that I need to really know what I want to do and not waste my parents money. As if I was some trust-fund brat that got everything she ever wanted. PLEASE. I hate how he put me in a box after only speaking to me for a few seconds. I am PASSIONATE about baking. I love cupcakes and I love having the idea of having my own business/bakery. I am not a dumb little girl. I realize that reaching my ultimate goal of owning and running my own cupcake bakery will be hard and it will take a lot of time and discipline. This idea of going to culinary school is not something I decided on a whim. Also, I'm not WASTING my parents' money. I have private and federal loans in MY name and any (minimal) money they have paid I plan to pay back once my final loan application clears. I really wanted to just punch this man in the nuts. Of course, I played the pleasant, complacent doormat I always am, kept my mouth and my hands/fists by my side. I seriously felt very insulted.

ANYWAY! On another note, I have been working on some stencils (I'm a little obsessed), so look out for that blog also. It's very late and I'm sure that I have like two quizzes in the morning. :/

Goodnight, cupcakes!

-melonXXXcupcake

3 comments:

  1. UGH! so I totally had this kickass and hopefully motivating comment and as I was posting it my internet connection decided to fail!!!! >.< If I can remember what I wrote I'll come back. Meanwhile, keep your head up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh, admission people suck, go for your dream!!!

    ReplyDelete